This recipe has a high flavor-for-effort ratio.
I’ve cooked it several times for my family, and soy honey chicken thighs please both my wife and kids.
Soy Honey Chicken Ingredients and Supplies
Tool-wise, you will need:
- a shallow bowl or dish to mix ingredients (microwavable)
- a frying pan with a lid
- a pair of tongs
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- 4-12 chicken thighs
- soy sauce
- Squeeze out some honey into the mixing bowl.
- Microwave it for thirty seconds to make the honey runny.
- Put the chicken in the bowl and mix with honey.
- Pour in some soy sauce, sprinkle some garlic power, and mix.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 10-20 minutes while you do whatever else for dinner.
- Put a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, and crank it up to high heat.
- Grab the bowl of chicken out of the fridge, and sprinkle pepper across the top surface.
- When oil barely starts to smoke, add chicken.
- Cook until brown with black hints, and then flip (i.e. caramelize both sides). This should take 2 minutes per side with a strong flame.
- Pour some of the remaining marinade on top of the chicken ( 1/4 cup or less).
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low (2-3), and wait 5 minutes.
- Start your rice cooker before you do any of this.
- Steam a a vegetable when the rice has 10 minutes to go. That gives you a few minutes to prep the vegetable for steaming, and 7-8 minutes for steaming.
- You can prepare this meal for your family, and still chit chat, hang out, and basically be lazy.